REVEE LOW WEIYI: Goal for life

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Goal for life

Have you set your goal for life?

Hmm, I can confidently said yes, I had.

Actually, years ago when I'm still 14 or 15, I had already set a goal for myself. I wanted to be a mortician when I graduated from poly. Anyway, mortician is another work for undertaker (so as not to scare those ppl out there.)

I know, the job scope for a mortician is kinda tough. Also, the path for being a mortician is tough too. You got to get a diploma cert for this (some bio-medical cert), then got to work in NUH first and a cert will be issued by the Government to proved that you are actually qualified to be a mortician. Well, this is when you want to get a local cert. The path may be long but that's my goal for my life since years. I had never wanted to drop this goal of mine at any point of time, not at all.

However, past 1 year, I lost faith in this goal. I was occupied by IT stuff. I fall for IT stuff or I should say, I actually love IT stuff since I touched on it which is like when I'm 13. 1 year ago, I told myself that I shouldn't have a goal that is unrealistic. I got to get another diploma to achieve my goal. Why not, stick to my current diploma (IT) and get on with it since I'm loving it so much too. Dilemma then came looking for me. My initial goal was then my second choice at that point of time. My new goal was to be a IT professional in the prison. (Another weird goal though)

Recently, I came across the casket category in the yellow pages. Then, I recalled back what was actually my initial goal. I approached Dad for help as I remembered that he told me once that he got friend working in this industry. He approached his friend. His friend agreed to help me with it and take me as his disciple once I graduate from poly as long as I'm willing to do it. He told me, he will issue me the recognized cert and need not go on further studies if I'm willing to learn and if I got the guts to learn all these things.

Now, I totally know what my goal is. I had planned for it.

Goal is something you wanted to achieve at the end of everything. You can give up on it, but don't regret. Once you have set it as your goal, achieve it regardless of how tough the path may be.

Plan it and start to work on it. Else, you will be spending your time. Spend your time wisely. Start thinking bout your goal so as not to waste any more of your time. Set your goal wisely too. Don't set it for the sake of setting it. Make sure you love what you are doing now and don't care bout how others look at you.

Just look at my goals. People out there said that I'm weird, I'm crazy to have such goals. Still, there are still people out there standing by my side to support me.

So, the question to you is, have you got any goal?

P/S: Sorry for the whole chunk of words here.